Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Please contribute a nutritional labeling of Thai Food products

First of all, I’d like introduce myself, my name is Bank. Now, I’m a dietetics student at the Institute of nutrition, Mahidol University. In the nearest future, I will be a dietitian, a health care professional expertising in nutrition and working in some hospital.

I am developing a nutrition label database for Thai food products that is available in the market since it does not exist. It is possible that some organization may have a database but limited to publication. I’d kindly need your help at this point. The database will be valuable for patients who seek for advice of controlling calories, sodium intake or limit fat in their food. Furthermore this created database could be beneficial to doctor, dietitian, nurse, nutritionist or other health care professional to work efficiently.

The process to develop the database includes collecting a food’s nutrition labeling in the market, taking pictures, and creating data into a computer database. Now I experience the limitation of collecting data due to the broad spectrum of Thai food. I am kindly ask all of the readers to participate in this project as you may:
  1. Spread this campaign to your friends, family or anyone.
  2. Share a nutrition labeling of the food that you are interested or you bough it through nbuddy.pc[a][t]g-m-a-i-l.com
  3. Subscribe your nutrient information directly through http://bit.ly/nulabel as the provided direction in the website would guide you step-by-step to complete the task easily.
I appreciate to all of your participation and I will launch the updated database to public every 3 or 6 month.

Thank you for your attention.

No comments: