Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Browser convergent ...

One problem in my laptop is small screen size (1280 x 800) especially in vertical axis. It make me annoyed although most of website and mouse are support to scroll in vertical but I tried to reduce a size of unnecessary component in browser such as menu bar, toolbar and bookmark toolbar. Finally, my bookmark was reduced to a single button in an address bar with some necessary buttons includes: back/forward, reload and stop. The menu bar was reduced to a single button by browser extension. I selected only a need and frequently in use command into my reduced menu bar.
Chrome 6.x from Google going to the same way, it was reduced 2 menus into a single one and most of the component is similar to my reduced menu bar, see figure below. Major browsers that concern in usability may convergent in to the same way.

No comments: